We even doubled the recipe and had waaay too much. Next time I'll just use the recipe - but doubling would be good for a summer event with friends.
Do you see that Schuncks sour cream? Schnucks is one of our grocery stores up here in the north. I still think it's a funny name for a store selling food - it sounds like a store for lovers or lover items. I actually call it schnookies sometimes.
- 2 cups diced chicken (either from a rotisserie chicken - or Tom took our chicken breasts -put some olive oil and pepper on them and baked them in the oven for 25 min at 350 - and it worked just fine)
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup mayo
- 2 tbs sour cream
- 1 cup seedless grapes sliced
- 3 green onions - with some green - thinly sliced (I left this out and it was still fine)
- 1 rib celery, thinly sliced (I also left this out)
- 1/2 cup walnut pieces or pecan pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- dash of pepper
- 1 tbs lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey or to taste (I think we ended up using about 2 tsps)
Serves 4-6. It's best if you make it at night and let all the flavors mesh before eating.
I keep thinking today is Friday. But thank goodness it's Friday tomorrow. Maybe I should sing the Friday Song.