I took a tv tray that I found in someone's trash on our street a couple months ago:
I measured out the square and sanded the inside.
Then I painted every other square with a dark blue:
And filled in the rest with a yellow. I put some polyurethane on top to seal the deal.
Here's a picture of my crafting outfit that Tom took - notice the shoes (I was trying to stretch them out).
That's not all I did though:
- I figured out how to make my own piping for pillows and even attempted a tooth fairy pillow. It's too ghetto even for the blog.
- Tom and I had dinner with our sweet friends the McDonalds (Happy Birthday Polly!)
- Worked on a dress I started in July (hopefully I'll finish it this week and can show you).
- Organized my crafting area.
- Organized all of my patterns (which were all just thrown in a wal-mart bag)
- bought a sewing book to work on my skills! (and I love it)
- Tom and I went shopping Saturday morning, and while I wanted to go to Hobby Lobby - I felt like I'd spent enough money already. Tom convinced me to go for whatever reason, and boy am I glad he did! Usually sewing patterns are anywhere from $10-$18 each. They were on sale at HL for 99 cents each! I bought 6! I cannot wait to make some new things!
- On Saturday night we drove 2 hours to Albany, Georgia for an engagement party. After the party we turned right back around and came home.
- I baked pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and cream cheese brownies for my students as rewards for their GREAT behavior!(That's 100 baked goods, but I don't mind because they are sweeties).